Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Series of Thank you cards

I always find it difficult to do a thank you card for men, and here comes a challenge for me to teach a bunch of teenage boys from Boys' Brigade to do THANK YOU card for their sponsors for an event.
To make it simple for the beginner, I've do some samples to show them, using different technique and tools to help them to have more inspirations.

The first card is using a border punch, stamps, color card stock and a butterfly puncher. I colored the image with color pencil, and adding some stone as decoration.

The second card is rather simple, and to make it special for the boys, I've recycle a broken achievement badge from Boys' Brigade as decoration.This card become popular among the boys because the badge that i used for decoration is "Drill Badge", which very difficult to get it! :)

The third card is popular because of the emboss effect on the card. By using the check emboss folder and the "thank you" wording emboss folder, the card can be simple and pretty. 

The fourth card is playing along with the ink color. For the background, I'm stamping the sentiment in light blue ink, and on the heart shape card stock, I'm using the sky blue ink for the same sentiment. To make the card special, I used the white & blue twine to wrap around the white card, then i used the small color wood pin to pin up the heart shape. For the corner, i add some stone to make it outstanding.

 The last card is inspired by Fathers' Day. I've forget when is the last time I say "thank you" to my dad, and it inspired me to create this thank you card for fathers. The sentiment I used is from Unity Stamp Everything wonderful Kit, and these two words - THANK YOU - are not enough to express my gratitude to my parent! 

It's a good experience for the boys and for myself, we do have a lot of fun and new discovery during the session. Some of the boys do have the talent for card making and scrap-booking, hopefully we can have next class soon.
That's all for today post, thanks for reading. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment